String And Kitties Do Not Mix!

February 3rd, 2013

String, thread, ribbon, tinsel- we call them linear foreign bodies and they are deadly.  This 6-month-old kitten named Tigger came to us over a week ago, and was found to have ingested a long piece of thread that had started to cut through his intestines, spreading infection throughout his abdomen!  It took two surgeries and a lot of intensive care (including oxygen supplementation and tube feeding) to get him through this ordeal.  We are SO proud and pleased to report he is being discharged today!  His wonderfully dedicated owners had adopted him less than a week before he got sick!  He is so lucky to have them, and we wish him a long, healthy, and string-free life in his new home.

Tigger feeling pretty poorly

Tigger feeling pretty poorly

SAM_0393

Starting to feel better (little did we know he would need a 2nd surgery)

SAM_0397

Right after his second surgery

SAM_0398

The deadly objects

SAM_0403

The inquisitive kitten is back!

SAM_0400

Feeling good!

We will miss you Tigger!!

 

Comments are closed.