Get well Bella!

November 5th, 2013

This adorable little girl is Bella. She came to us Sunday night after ingesting 40 pieces of Ice Breakers gum with xylitol! This artificial sweetener is safe for people but can be deadly to dogs, causing low blood sugar and sometimes liver failure. Bella has experienced the toxic effects of the compound, but received a plasma transfusion this morning to counteract the effects on the liver, and is so far showing signs of recovery. We wish her the best of luck in getting well!!!

Bella

Comments are closed.