Isabella was found in Hartford last weekend with a severe injury to her tail. She was lactating, but her kittens were nowhere to be seen. She has stayed with us all week receiving treatments to fix her tail, and just last night, 5 kittens were found in the same area she came from. They were brought here, after 5 whole days without nursing, and Isabella accepted them immediately! The family is reunited!
Our lovely little stray kitty has finally been adopted, after 3 months with us! We will miss her so much, but are so happy she found a loving family to care for her!!
This little girl was found at 3 weeks of age wandering the woods of Simsbury. She has been with us for about 2 months now, growing like a weed and getting used to people, and is now ready to find her permanent home! She did test positive for feline leukemia virus, which means she should be an indoor-only cat and not live with other cats. Please contact us for further information on how to adopt her!
We are SO pleased to report that Max’s biopsy came back benign! He’s cured!
Boo came to us early yesterday morning after having delivered one puppy, but then exhibiting difficulty delivering any more. An ultrasound revealed that at least one puppy had a low heart rate (a sign of distress), and an x-ray revealed that Boo had at least 7 more to deliver! For the safety of Boo and her puppies, we performed an emergency c-section. We were concerned that we might not be able to save all the puppies, but the surgery went great and Boo got to go home today recovering well, and with 8 healthy pups!
Max came to us on the 3rd as a very sick boy. He needed emergency surgery to have his spleen removed, and then had some heart complications after the surgery. He was finally able to go home yesterday! We wish him a full recovery, and are keeping our fingers crossed for a good biopsy report!!
There has been an increase in the use of “essential oil” flea preventatives (which are not regulated by the EPA) on pets. Unfortunately, there has also been an increase in the number of reports to the Animal Poison Control Center of the toxic effects of these products, mostly in cats. Toxic signs include agitation, vomiting, tremors, and even seizures. To be safe, consult with your veterinarian before using any over-the-counter product, even one labeled for cats and dogs.
We received this today from an anonymous donor and it made our hearts swell. We will donate the generous contribution to Animal Friends of CT for Charlotte. Pass on the kindness 🙂
This is a common condition which can occur in young male cats, in which they become unable to urinate. It is a life-threatening condition which can progress rapidly to death, and is important for owners of male cats to know about! Charlie came to us this weekend because he was blocked. Fortunately, Charlie is doing well and went home yesterday. If you notice any straining to urinate, discomfort in the abdomen, vomiting, or excessive meowing in your kitty, seek medical attention immediately!